The Woodlands and Wetlands Trust (Trust) was established to support development of Mulligans Flat Woodland Sanctuary and Jerrabomberra Wetlands as very special places.
The Trust is a joint initiative of the ACT Government, the Canberra community, our partners and sponsors. It enacts a new model for public land management by using the expertise in the ACT Government and combining it with the knowledge, skills, enthusiasm and experiences within the community.
The Trust wants to harness the skills and experiences of the local community because it recognises the passion and commitment that the community already has for these special places.
The Trust engages with the scientific community in the pursuit of evidence-based management to seek corporate and community assistance, both financial and in-kind. These support new and bold initiatives that build on baseline land management activities delivered by the ACT Parks and Conservation Service.
The formal objects of the Woodlands and Wetlands Trust are:
- managing, recovering, conserving, and enhancing the natural environment within the Mulligans Flat Woodland Sanctuary and Jerrabomberra Wetlands Nature Reserve
- research, education, recreation, and tourism activities
- business and community engagement and support for woodland and wetland conservation and recovery
- participation by community groups and citizens and;
- management of activities so that the Sanctuary and Wetlands can support diversity of natural flora, fauna, and ecosystems, and enhance ecological processes.
The reserves have Management Committees of highly distinguished scientists and citizens across a range of fields to help jointly manage the reserves with the Parks and Conservation agency.
Mulligans Flat Woodland Sanctuary Wetlands Nature Reserve – Management Committee
Ms Alison Russel-French (Chair)
Mr Mark Butz
Dr David Shorthouse
Associate Professor Adrian Manning
Ms Jenny Bounds
Dr Barry Richardson
Mr Mark Smith (Friends of Mulligans Flat)
Dr Margaret Kitchin
Mr Stuart Jeffress
Jerrabomberra Wetlands Nature Reserve – Management Committee
Mr Ian Lawrence (Chair)
Dr Doug Watkins
Mr Grant Battersby (Friends of Jerrabomberra Wetlands)
Dr Jane Roberts
Dr Aileen Power
Dr Jim Barrett
Mr John Reid
Mr Scotte Seymour
Report from the Chair of the Association Committee to the CWWCT Annual General Meeting 2013-14[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]